🥚 + 🔥 = 👩🔬
Can you use matches to pull an egg into a bottle? A fun and easy DIY science experiment to do with your kids!
What do you need?
- A hard boiled egg (peeled)
- A glass bottle (make sure the bottle neck is not too narrow)
- Some (±5) matches
- Make sure the hard boiled egg is peeled, and that it doesn’t slide into the bottle too easily.
- Light the matches and put them (while burning) in the bottle.
- Put the egg on top of the bottle and wait!
How does it work?
- If the neck of the bottle is too narrow, or the matches burn up too quickly, it can happen that your egg gets stuck somewhere halfway (as was the problem with our egg…). If this happens, just ask you kids if they can pull out the egg, and you’ll get a free egg-splosion to end your experiment!
- The egg is still perfectly edible after the experiment. End the experiment with a small cooking session with your kids and make an egg salad together!